The myMCPS Parent Portal has now re-opened for Spring sports registration. Parents/guardians needing additional support with registration can download step by step instructions on how to register your student-athlete for a Spring sport.
Information for Registration
During registration, parents/guardians will need to verify information about the student-athlete’s medical providers, health insurance, health history, immunizations, physical exams and medications. MCPS Form SR-8, Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics must be completed prior to student participation in tryouts and practices. Parent/guardians can upload the electronic copy of the Physical – Clearance Form OR provide a hard copy to the athletic director. You can take a picture of the Physical Clearance Form and upload that image of the document.
Registration for winter sports should be completed by February 26, 2019. The first day of tryouts/practices for Spring sports is March 1, 2019.
Registration Quick Tips
Two versions of step-by-step directions are included right here – one has screen shots and one does not. Click to open the link.
Step 1: Open the Athletic Registration Application from the myMCPS Parent Portal
- Chrome is the recommended internet browser
Step 2: Review the instructions for completing Athletic Registration forms
- Step-by-step directions for completing the forms are attached to this message above
- Directions are also available on the MCPS Athletics website.
Step 3: Complete the Athletic Registration Forms
- Contact the student’s school to update demographic information in student-athletes record if incorrect information is displayed
- Wrestling has an additional form for parent/guardians to complete during registration
Step 4: Review and Submit Athletic Registration Forms
- Scroll through the review page carefully to make sure every required field is filled in. Any missing information will have a red box with with the word “Required” next to it. Once every field is filled in, the Submit button will turn DARK green.
- Parent/guardians should print or save a Submission Confirmation page for their records
- Student-athletes should submit a hard copy of the Physical Clearance Form to their respective coach or athletic director, if the form was not uploaded electronically during the online registration process.
Thank you in advance for your support as we transition the registration process for MCPS Athletics to the myMCPS Portal. We look forward to another exciting season of MCPS Athletics!
Jeffrey K. Sullivan, CMAA
Director, Systemwide Athletics
Montgomery County Public Schools
Office # 240-740-5650