Parent / Guardians can now register their children for the Spring 2018 Sports season!
Information for Registration
To begin, in order to register and access online registration, parents/guardians must confirm their login information to the myMCPS Parent Portal. myMCPS login information was mailed home for all students. Parents/guardians who need login information for the portal should contact the main office. Parents/guardians can find support materials for using the myMCPS Parent Portal at http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/mymcps-classroom/.
During registration, parents/guardians will need to verify information about the student-athlete’s medical providers, health insurance, health history, immunizations, physical exams and medications. MCPS Form SR-8, Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics must be completed prior to student participation in tryouts and practices. Parent/guardians can provide a hard copy to the athletic director OR upload the Clearance Page.
Registration for spring sports should be completed by February 27th. The first day of tryouts/practices for Spring sports is March 1 2018.
Registration Quick Tips
Step 1: Open the Athletic Registration Application from the myMCPS Parent Portal
- Chrome is the recommended internet browser, but we have been told the platform is now cell phone compatible
Step 2: Review the instructions for completing Athletic Registration forms
- Directions are also available on the MCPS Athletics website.
Step 3: Complete the Athletic Registration Forms
- Contact the student’s school to update demographic information in student-athletes record if incorrect information is displayed
Step 4: Review and Submit Athletic Registration Forms
- Parent/guardians should print or save a Submission Confirmation page for their records
- Student-athletes should submit a hard copy of the Physical Clearance Form to their respective coach or athletic director, only IF the form was not uploaded electronically during the online registration process.
Thank you in advance for your support as we transition the registration process for MCPS Athletics to the myMCPS Portal. We look forward to another exciting season of MCPS Athletics!
Click myMCPS Parent Portal Athletics with Screenshots for step by step directions. Please be aware that the color scheme and navigation bar (left side of page rather than top of page) for each screen looks different than the winter screens shots as in the directions. All the content for each screen remains intact just the look and feel has changed for each screen.